UNDERGRAD INTERN – OPS (ENGINEERING)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge you’re working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
UNDERGRAD INTERN – OPS (ENGINEERING)
THIS COULD BE YOUR EVERYDAY
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. Amgen’s 10 – 12 week internship program offers meaningful project and operational experiences with the world’s leading biotechnology company. Amgen is seeking an Undergrad Intern in our Engineering Department. The intern will work closely with a team of Amgen’s Engineers that support one of the following areas:
- Engineering Technical Authority
- Capital Project Execution & Controls
- Global Facilities Operations
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work with project design teams and expert Engineers to craft, develop, and support engineering project development, plans, standards, and equipment selection
- Support the Engineering assessments, technical feasibility, and lifecycle impact, and cost analysis of potential Engineering projects
- Supporting the development and implementation of strategic Engineering projects and goals, including business case development
- Research project scopes and Engineering processes to identify improvement initiatives and new innovative technology
HERE’S WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Engineering intern we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
18 years or older
Currently enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
Enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Mathematics and/or Statistics
- Desire to learn and support engineering principles and analyses to support project justification, design, development, and capital planning
- Ability to lead and deliver results in an interactive matrixed environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, relationship building, and leadership skills
- Experience with general office software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to manage time efficiently and work with minimum supervision
SOME OF THE VAST REWARDS OF WORKING HERE
- As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you’re inspired to be through accepting culture that values diversity of thought and experience, and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
APPLY NOW FOR AN INTERNSHIP THAT DEFIES IMAGINATION
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us!
CAREERS.AMGEN.COM. PLEASE SEARCH FOR KEYWORD 112580
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.amgen.com.