Experienced Data Engineer
Website Liberty Mutual Insurance
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn’t just a part of our business, it’s what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as an Agile team within a Fortune 100 company, we are on the front edge of an IT transformation for how people work and deliver solutions.
As an experienced Data Engineer at Liberty Mutual, you’ll consult on highly complex projects and solve technical problems, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-up—and the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
We’re currently hiring Intermediate to advanced Data Engineers across Liberty Mutual Technology.
We encourage you to apply if this interests you:
Work with a team committed to excellence
Help bring Data Engineering operations into the future
Model and promote a “Data First” attitude
Work with a modern tech stack
In this role you will:
- Work in a dynamic and exciting agile environment with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and team members to develop creative data-driven solutions that meet business and technical initiatives.
- Improve speed to market by focusing on current data needs as well as building out the long-term strategic data solutions.
- Design and develop programs and tools to support ingestion, curation and provisioning of complex enterprise data to achieve analytics, reporting, and data science.
- Demonstrate open minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions.
- Analyze data and technical system problems to design and implement effective, flexible solutions.
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle.
- Develop automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression).
- Mentor new and junior developers.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred
- Experience developing back end, data warehouse technology solutions
- Knowledge of a variety of data platforms such as: Teradata, DB2 (Cloud based DB a plus)
- Experience with AWS (such as: S3, Snowflake, Athena), Unix, Informatica & SQL
- Experience working with agile methodologies and cross-functional teams
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com