Website Mass Mutual
Our ideal Data Architect is experienced working in an Agile development environment and has an understanding of SDLC. You have at least five years’ experience in enterprise, application, and information data architecture design. You’re also an excellent communicator with the confidence to present to executive level audiences. You’ll use your skills to participate in the design, development, and implementation of architectural deliverables. You’ll also contribute to the development and maintenance of data applications including the data, software, and infrastructure architectures. The team culture of working collaboratively and cross-functionally, using new technologies combined with the work/life balance provided by MassMutual are core reasons people enjoy working on the Data Engineering team at MassMutual.
Objectives of this role
- Participate in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of data applications including the data, software and infrastructure architectures and assures that this architecture is integrated with the business area architectures and the enterprise data architecture.
- Assures that the data application architecture is consistent with enterprise application standards and disaster recovery plan requirements.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Provides technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member and individual contributor.
- Provide strategic thinking, solutions, and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations.
- Maintain current and future state architecture.
- Provide conceptual and logical data architecture design.
- Provide IT architecture direction to business areas.
- Serves as a fully seasoned and proficient technical resource; provide technical knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor.
- May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field.
5+ years in enterprise, application and information data architecture design.
- Experience with AWS
- Understanding of Life Insurance data models / industry standards
- Database and application development experience in relational databases and cloud technologies.
- Understanding of big data technologies; Data Lake and Big Data modeling experience.
- Experience data modeling in transactional and operational reporting and analytical (EDW, Data Lake, NoSQL) solutions.
- Experience with data replication methodology; Master Data Management; Managing Reference Data
- Experience with data warehouse, Data Mart, or Data Lake.
- Expertise in tuning and debugging SQL and resolving application specific bottlenecks.
- Experience using (Erwin, TOAD, or any other data modeling tool) for data modeling.
- Experience with capacity planning, database scripting and package deployment.
- Working knowledge of data security frameworks, data quality frameworks, metadata management & data catalogs and data governance frameworks.
- Ability to clearly present to senior management with confidence.
- Data Architect experience in the Life Insurance or Financial domain
- Advanced degree in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field.
- Able to work independently.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with Scala is a plus.
- Knowledge of Vertica columnar database experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience facilitating meetings and providing presentations to stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Understanding of enterprise and reporting modeling concepts, including dimensional modeling, snowflakes, slowly changing dimensions, schema on read, irregular dimensions, and surrogate, compound, and intelligent keys.
- Ability to articulate the value of getting solutions built using established data principles.
- Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, Dimensional Modeling, Data Modeling for Big data and Metadata Management.
- Experience in data modeling and design in the insurance and financial industries.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure disciplines.
- Ability to develops prototypes of the system design and works with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org