SaaS Application Engineer
Website Mass Mutual
Are you ready to be part of a team that implements and manages MassMutual’s collaboration technology, better enabling our employees to (a)synchronously collaborate from anywhere?
As we rapidly evolve our collaboration technology stack to meet the needs of hybrid work, we’re seeking an independent and motivated technologist to join the team that is transitioning MassMutual to our next generation collaboration stack. This role consists of design and development, building and supporting new collaboration technologies, and proactively improving the health of our technologies and solutions. Preferred candidate has expertise in optimizing user experience, as well as technical expertise of Slack and Zoom.
The successful candidate will research new technologies, play a key role in technical decision making, and act as a thought partner to the collaboration technology product management team. The individual must be a self-starter who proactively identifies projects to work on and easily navigates ambiguity. This position will blend technical deliverables, such as coding back-end automation for our stack, with non-technical goals, such as finding ways for our team to work more efficiently.
- Identify ways to enhance the value of the collaboration stack
- Act as a thought partner to the Collaboration Technology Product Management team
- Contribute to the conceptual and physical design of application integrations
- Lead and/or participate in system design and architectural activities and ability to lead collaboration for important design decisions
- Collaborate in a team-based environment including employees across different locations, and vendors
- Drive technical recommendations in collaboration with other developers and architects
- Research and experiment with new technologies that align to business vision and goals
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Write or review software system documentation and share knowledge
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, processes and reference architectures
- Identify areas for process improvement and automation
- Seasoned technologist, with minimum of 5 years development experience, capable of handling broad scope projects that have short to medium-term focus
- 3+ years of coding and/or scripting experience + design/prototyping experience
- Ability to analyze, design, and code or integrate solutions
- Experience with testing integrations and configurations of SaaS applications
- Experience with dev ops operating model
- Ability to work independently, plus ability to effectively deal with ambiguity
- Passionate about technology & intellectually curious and open to learning new applications.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Agile Methodology – comfortable working in a scrum or scrumban environment
- Proven innovation skills – experience with process improvement, automation
- 3 years of experience with Slack and Zoom SaaS applications
- Experience with Object Oriented programming (OOP) (Python, C++, C#, or Java)
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in Financial Services/Insurance industry
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org