Business Analyst, Data Scientist at Vertica
About the role:
• Understand, conceptualize, and implement analytic solutions to improve data quality and consistency and to establish procedures and methodology to ensure data accuracy and consistency of use
• Identify new data sources and develop new and / or improved processes for data acquisition and analysis to inform strategic business decisions and develop and maintain a data governance.
• Manage and manipulate multiple large data sets, integrating data from disparate sources, cleansing and transforming it into curated access layers for analytic use
• Be a strategic information resource to help users understand the different data sources available and assist stakeholders in analyzing and drawing sound conclusions from often conflicting or incomplete information.
• Partner with stakeholders to develop and implement analytic solutions that inform and guide strategic business decisions.
5+ years experience as a Technical Business Analyst with a Reporting or Data Analytics background
Prior experience with reporting, data analytics tools like Tableau or Power BI
Advanced Excel and Microsoft Office suite capabilities
Strong understanding of SQL, relational data structures, reporting schemas, data transformations and data lake pattern is required
Ability to perform various roles (e.g., business analyst, systems analyst, data analyst)
Ability to manage multiple projects and iterations with several applications simultaneously
Bachelors or advanced degree in computer science, systems and/or finance
Prior experience in cloud data warehouse products strongly preferred
Prior experience using Python, R, Spark or Scala for data analysis is strongly preferred
Prior knowledge of big data and data science techniques such as regression and cluster analysis preferred
Health, dental and vision
Flexible work schedule
Paid volunteer days
Career development resources
To apply for this job please visit jobs.microfocus.com.