Principal Software Engineer
Website Olympus Corporation of the Americas
In order to be considered, applicants must apply at our career website: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=2031&company=olympuscorP
The Principal Software Engineer is a necessary role within larger development efforts. First and foremost, the Principal Software Engineer is an individual contributor on the software development efforts. However, a secondary role is to provide technical leadership. Many of the software development efforts within the R&D group rely on the addition of highly specialized consultants to solve specific technical problems. These consultants do not understand the Olympus ecosphere, including the long term product goals, legacy constraints, and technical culture. The Principal Software Engineer is necessary on projects like this to ensure that the technical direction within the project is consistent, as necessary, with historical constraints and future goals. The Principal Software Engineer also is capable of finding solutions to difficult questions that arise during the development effort.
* Technical lead software engineer.
* Individual contributor to software development efforts.
* Helps to provide and enforce guardrails for technical direction within projects.
* Mentors junior engineers.
* Creation and management of requirements and specifications.
* Provide support to address problems during development and after product release.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors degree in a technical discipline.
* Minimum of 10 years Software Engineering.
* Object oriented programming skills.
* Languages: demonstrated proficiency in development of Dotnet Core, DotNet standard, and DotNet Full.
* Experience using Visual Studio 2019 (or 2017) as a development environment.
* Experience developing device communication and control software over RS232 IP and other control interfaces.
* Enterprise communications experience with WCF, GRPC, REST API.
* Ability to Design, Develop, and debug Rest API.
* Ability to create and manage requirements and design specs.
* Experience with component dependency management using Nuget.
* Experience with Dependency Injection design patterns.
* Experience interfacing with relational database and with simple relational database design and deployment.
* Experience with Angular software development.
* Experience interfacing IoT devices to the Azure Cloud.
* Experience with ADO/GIT.
* Serverless cloud application programming.
* Experience with development of containerized applications using Docker on Windows.
* Experience with development of Angular applications hosted via Kestral.
* Potential for limited travel.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com