Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Website Olympus Corporation of the Americas
In order to be considered, applicants must apply at our website: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=2292&company=olympuscorP
The Senior R&D Engineer performs Software/Firmware development for new NPI (New Product Introduction) projects and perform hardware/firmware integration testing and debugging. NPI projects will utilize ~ 80% of work load; the remaining work effort will be in software support of related products. The successful collaborates with other departments including Operations Product Management Customer Support and Sales in providing quick robust system solutions. They work with a dynamic team of systems software electrical and mechanical engineers to improve existing and creating new NDT products.
* Design software for embedded systems coding unit testing and system integration on complex problems of diverse scope requiring judgment and creativity.
* Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
* May coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead) or serve as a mentor to junior employees or interns.
* Works collaboratively in a team environment.
* Performs Design documentation and communication.
* Adheres to schedules and timelines.
* Performs software/hardware system integration using debuggers oscilloscopes etc.
* Makes judgements/suggestions on hardware schematic reviews.
* Develops/executes test plans.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required (EE/CE preferred)
* Minimum of 5 years of development experience with C/C++ coding Embedded Linux required.
* Strong knowledge of embedded development tools required.
* GUI development experience using off-the-shelve GUI components. (e.g. QT PEG ZINC etc.) a plus.
* Working development experience with Device side iOT a plus.
* Working knowledge with OS/micro-OS and multi-threaded application development desired.
* Software development for Analytical instrumentation hand-held electronic devices or gaming a plus.
* Working knowledge of digital hardware a plus.
* Working knowledge of GIT source control.
* Working knowledge of software development best practices required e.g. Agile Scrum a plus.
* Development experience with Embedded Linux driver development.
* Working experience with Texas Instruments TMS320C6748 DSP processor a plus.
* Working knowledge of peripheral driver development experience a plus
* Working experience with Freescale i.MX or Xilinx Ultrascale+ a plus.
* Able to work well individually and as a member of a team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org