Senior R&D Technician
Website Olympus Corporation of the Americas
In order to be considered, all applicants must apply at our website: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=2738&company=olympuscorP
The Sr. Technician is responsible for supporting engineering projects and lab operations for both the New Product Development and Sustaining Engineering teams. Specifically, the Sr. Technician will be a collaborative partner with the engineering team and provide testing support, accurately report test data and observations, ensure traceability of test samples, and assist in the development of test methods as needed. To support lab operations, the Sr. Technician will support in ensuring equipment is well maintained (e.g., calibration, scheduling maintenance, etc.), the lab (and lab practices) are safe, provide guidance and assistance to other technicians as needed, ensures the lab is compliant with applicable SOP’s and Policy’s and is clean/organized. As the Sr. Technician will be integral to the testing efforts required to establish device quality and performance, it is critically important that the Sr. Technician maintains an accurate Laboratory Notebook, is attentive to detail, complies with test methods and Standard Operating Procedures, and accurately records data & observations.
* Responsible for executing all testing efforts on programs assigned. Maintains attentiveness for testing abnormalities, trends, and external influences.
* Partners with engineering staff on project needs (e.g., supports test method development, acquisition of test samples/testing equipment & supplies, maintains sample traceability, etc.).
* Records and communicates all test data and testing observations with a high accuracy to program technical leads and management as required. Maintains a well-organized / accurate Laboratory Notebook in accordance with applicable SOP’s, and ensures compliance with testing protocols, test methods, and/or standards.
* Diligently advances their testing efforts / responsibilities while consistently seeking improvements to efficiency and quality.
* Supports lab operations, such as; maintenance of equipment, coordinating & scheduling calibration services, ordering supplies, quoting of test apparatus, as well as ensuring lab is a safe environment, kept clean / orderly, etc..
* Capable of collaborating with other laboratory resources to ensure efficient use of testing equipment and alignment with project priorities.
* Capable of efficiently planning their own time and advancing their testing efforts / responsibilities.
* Consistently seeks improvements to test methods and practices.
* Able to read and interpret industry test standards with high attention to detail.
* Capable of working on a team with a willingness to help or support other efforts.
* All additional duties as directed.
* High school degree required, college level studies highly preferred.
* Minimum of 5 yrs experience with high school degree/GED; minimum of 3 yrs experience with Associate’s Degree.
* Capable of operating testing equipment with strict adhesion to test methods required.
* Medical Device development experience highly preferred.
* Evidence of technical skills will be considered a plus.
* Ability to observe tests in progress and ascertain if abnormalities with the test samples or issues / external influences are affecting the test results.
* Capable of accurately logging testing observations in laboratory notebook and describe abnormalities to engineers and supervisor.
* Technical aptitude for operating testing equipment and the capability of envisioning / understanding product failure modes and technical causes & effects.
* Capable of collaborating with engineering team to ensure a thorough understanding of the testing objectives and collaborating on the testing plan to support these objectives.
* Knowledge of common manufacturing methodologies, technologies, and materials, is preferred.
* Ideal candidates will also comprise the desire to continuously improve their capabilities and their understanding / knowledge of our products and applicable test methodologies (e.g., International Standards, FDA testing guidance, etc.)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com