Mechanical Engineer II – Lawrence, MA
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, the Mechanical Engineer II will aide Nexcelom Bioscience in providing researchers with cutting edge Image Cytometry tools. As a part of the product development team, this position is responsible for the mechanical design, analyses, testing and documentation of new products and improvements, to meet marketing requirements and customer specifications.
● Lead the analyses, design and documentation of mechanical hardware for subsystem design
● Create, update and review engineering drawings
● Responsible for prototype builds and hardware validation
● Design and execute tests and experiments to evaluate system performance
● Generate the necessary documentation to facilitate ECRs/ECOs
● Ensure the consistent application of engineering best practices and product development processes to meet ISO 9001 standards
● Collaborate with R&D, Production, Sales, and Marketing during the product development lifecycle
● Be a resource for technical support and field service issues, either remotely or on-site
● Provide technical support to the production department, reagent development, quality assurance and software teams as needed
● Ensure tasks and projects are completed on schedule
● B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or M.S. in Mechanical engineering (MSME)
● 2-5 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering
How to apply:
1. Begin your application via this link: https://t.ly/alkS
2. Select “job board – NSBE” as the source to how you learned about this opportunity
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org