NSBE Boston’s 3rd Annual Membership Reception & Scholarship Awards was held on Friday, December 15th, 2017 at the Sheraton Boston hotel. The event was a lead-in for the Ebony Winter Gala, which occurred later the same evening. In attendance were our members, corporate partners, as well as NSBE regional and national leaders, who were present to celebrate the accomplishments of the closing year and recognize our incredible scholarship recipients and community leaders. In conclusion of a successful annual NSBE
Boston Toy Drive, the Boston Boys & Girls club was presented with STEM related gifts donated by our membership.
This year’s Membership Reception was sponsored by Partners HealthCare. Marcela Aldaz-Matos, Director of Diversity & Inclusion at Partners Healthcare, presented the Community Achievement award on behalf of the Chief Diversity Officer, Dani Monroe. During the event, Aldaz-Matos spoke about the importance of NSBE Boston’s role in the community and how Partners HealthCare continues to support building a more equitable Boston.
National Chair; and Maurice Patterson, NSBE Professionals Chair.
The evening’s honorees included:
- Crystal Haase (9th Grade)- 2017 Outstanding Student Leader
- Handel Ulysse (12th Grate) – 2017 Outstanding Student Leader
- Marvia Wagnac (University of Hartford ‘22) – Pre-College Initiative (PCI) Legacy Award
- Handy Dorceus (Tufts University ‘20) – 2017 Scholarship Recipient
- Soporuchukwu Ezenwa (Tufts University ‘18) – 2017 Scholarship Recipient
- Salimah Hussein (University of New Hampshire ‘18) – 2017 Scholarship Recipient
- Suzeth Dunn Dyer – 2017 Community Achievement Leader
- MassPEP – 2017-18 NSBE Boston Grant